Classification Full time, exempt Location York, PA
Red Lion – Connect. Monitor. Control.
As the global experts in communication, monitoring and control for industrial automation, Red Lion has been delivering innovative solutions to customers for forty years. Our award-winning technology enables companies worldwide to gain real-time data visibility that drives productivity. Product brands include Red Lion, Sixnet and N-Tron. With headquarters in York, Pennsylvania, the company has offices across the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe. Visit us at www.redlion.net.
Red Lion is looking for an experience Director of Operational Planning for its York, PA location.
Essential Job Functions
All of Red Lion’s employees endorse, support and model the Company’s core values of:
In addition to our core values, this position will have the following responsibilities:
This position is a key role in optimizing Red Lion’s manufacturing processes and achieving on-time delivery for customers. The main responsibility for this role is developing the master schedules that impact multiple areas of the Supply Chain at Red Lion Controls including but not limited to: production, materials, inventory, and fulfillment. The successful candidate will have experience developing master production schedule/plan along with daily/weekly production schedules to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory. This position has short-term and long-term planning goals such as providing near-term plans consistent with timely support of the sales forecast and order backlog fulfillment and long-range schedules to drive the planning and purchasing of component parts and materials. Other essential experience includes inventory planning and ensuring appropriate levels for finished goods, work-in-process, and purchased parts and materials. Production plans will be developed based on historical sales, sales forecasts, new product introductions, new business opportunities, customer expectations, and internal supply constraints. Red Lion wants a candidate who is a strong collaborator working closely with other departments like Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sales, Customer Service and Red Lion senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, business management, supply chain, logistics or a related field. Combination of minimum of 5 years of experience with high school diploma will be considered.
- 5 years of planning experience in a manufacturing environment; plus 2 years supervisory experience
- APICs Certification of CPIM, CSCP or equivalent.
- Required to speak and write English fluently as this is the operating language of Red Lion Controls.
- Demonstrated clear oral and written communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of Company management and staff, customers and outside business contacts.
- Attention to detail and accurate recordkeeping abilities are a must.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience production planning for an electronics manufacturer.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, purchasing, and material planning procedures and practices.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please apply directly with Red Lion Controls at www.redlion.net /careers. Red Lion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a robust medical and financial benefits program to its employees.